Dr. Berry has created world-class systems for e-Governance, obtained financing for large infrastructure projects, and has turned business units into profitable enterprises. In 1984, he started Contec Global with a focus on secure technologies and initiated the CERPAC project, which is a partnership with the Nigerian government to develop secure technologies for passports and resident cards. This CERPAC project is still in existence and has allowed Contec Global to replicate and expand its operations throughout Africa including countries such as Niger and Burundi, focusing on creation of drivers licenses, residence permits, passports, and secure visas.
Dr. Berry is also a board member of many national and international bodies. He is the grand patron of the West African Contemporary Arts council, Founder and President of Contec Global foundation – an NGO in Burundi and Nigeria, and Chairman of Jago Bharat – an NGO working in India. He has also received many outstanding awards and honours, including:
- Outstanding Achievement Award for investment in Agro-Allied Businesses (2017)
- Award of Excellence as Africa Hope and Peace Ambassador (2016)
- Man-of-the-Year Award by Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), Osun State Chapter (2015)
- Man-of-the-Year Award by Independent Newspapers (2014)
- Most Outstanding Public Service Provider of the year – Dr. Berry and Contec Global (2014)
- Nation Builder Award (2012)
- Black Achievers Award UK for work towards ICT development in Nigeria (2011)
- International Patron of the Anti-Human Trafficking Organisation by National Agency for the Prohibition Trafficking in person and other related matters (NAPTIP) in recognition of his innumerable contribution towards empowerment and development of youths across Nigeria and Africa (2011)
- Outstanding Achievement in Technology Award in recognition of immense contribution to the advancement of biometric & e-Governance in Nigeria and Africa by the Nigerian Association of Science Journalists (NASJ), a member of the World Federation of Science Journalists (WFSJ), Canada (2011)
- African Order of Merit Award on e-Governance & Biometrics Technology by Institute for Governance Research and Leadership Technology (2011)
- West African Direct Marketing Award for being West Africa’s best immigration service (2006)
- Medal Award for Businessman and CEO of the year by the Association of Business Editors of Nigeria (2005)
- Food Security Achievement Award Grand Patron, by Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) and West African Contemporary Arts Council (2005)
Dr. Berry holds a doctorate degree in Communication Arts from The World Open University, USA and was awarded Doctors of Letters degree in Business Administration by the Commonwealth University, Belize in 2012. He also holds a Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) degree from Delhi University, New Delhi, India where he obtained a First Class (Hons.) in Economics and a Masters Degree in Finance with Roll of Honors Merit List.